Fireman Works 2024

I’m the FIREman. I don’t extinguish house fires; I’m pursuing the Financial Independence/Retire Early type of FIRE.


I’m a 20-something-year-old Data Analyst, and this blog is a way for me to chronicle my journey and the lessons I’ve learned. While keeping track of my journey, I hope I can also show people what life really looks like while trying to reach financial independence, and help more people do it.


Gdrive File Links

720p


480p





There are other great FIRE blogs; I discovered the community when I stumbled across the Mr. Money Mustache blog. But, while reading the success stories of financially independent people was sometimes inspiring, it felt so far off. I was still a student when I found the FIRE community, and I wanted something a little more tangible.


So I’m creating it myself. I’m trying to reach financial independence by my 30th birthday, and, succeed or fail, I want to document my journey. I don’t want to try to recall how I reached FIRE; I want documentation of it. And I want to give you the perspective of someone chasing FIRE, with all the success and failures along the way.


I started this blog just after graduating from college, right before beginning my first career job. From start to end, I want to see if I can make financial independence possible. With this blog, I can share what I’ve learned, and how much I’ve earned, at every step of my career. Hopefully, I can help more people achieve their financial dreams, and learn a few things from you all too.


I know there will be ups and downs. My last two years of college were marked by a global pandemic that, at the time of writing, hasn’t ended. Inflation is at a 40-year high. It won’t be a straightforward journey. But that’s why I’m writing. Will you join me on my journey?